Maple Cream Cookies
Maple Cream Cookies
Think custard creams……only better!!
Classic Canadian maple leaf cream cookies made with 100% real maple syrup. Real maple syrup taste rich and delicious!
Made with a Maple Syrup cream filling and a scrumptious maple flavoured biscuit.
These classic Canadian maple leaf creme biscuits are the perfect treat for seasonal celebrations and occasions. Surprise trick or treaters on Halloween, add them to your Christmas biscuit tray, or hand them out as sweet pancake toppings on Pancake Day. Give as birthday party favours or hostess gifts for any celebration. With their iconic maple leaf shape and sweet maple syrup filling, they’re sure to be a hit at seasonal parties and family gatherings. The creamy maple creme sandwiched between two maple-flavoured biscuits is a taste of Canada with every bite.
Fancy a real Maple Syrup – https://pagesinlyndhurst.com/product/dark-robust-pure-maple-syrup/
Lots of ideas for Maple here – https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/maple-syrup-recipes
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10m||20m||30m Plus additional time|
A rich and crumbly cookie sweetened with our 100% Pure Maple Syrup.
- 275g self raising flour
- 175g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 vanilla
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 11 glace cherries, halved
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Fan170C/Gas Mark 5. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixer, mix together the flour, maple, butter, egg yolks and vanilla until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 22 equal size portions (walnut size). Roll each in the coconut and press each ball to slightly flatten. Place half a cherry on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Rest on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- For the final touch, dust with icing sugar.